Vice President, Derivatives
Vice President, Cboe Derivatives Institute Chicago, IL/en-US/External_Career_CBOE/job/Chicago-IL/Vice-President--Cboe-Derivatives-Institute_R-0755/apply Job Description
The Head of Cboe Derivatives Institute role is responsible for identifying, researching and marketing educational content surrounding the use of Cboe derivative products, including SPX options and VIX options and futures, market structure and product development. This role is a highly visible, analytical role with a focus on content generation across geographies, sectors, themes and individual products. The candidate should possess a strong understanding of the equity derivatives markets and be able to express views with conviction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate and oversee the generation of content for Cboe Global Markets
- Develop and publish materials, both internally and externally, relating to derivatives strategies and product use education
- Conduct derivatives-related webinars
- Represent use of Cboe products with the media and within the derivatives industry at conferences, trade shows and associations, as necessary
- Identify compelling investment trends spanning short-term, tactical opportunities and longer-term, strategic investments
- Partner with global strategy colleagues to dissect global investment themes to develop underlying proprietary product investment research
- Partner with marketing and communications colleagues to create editorial calendars and target audiences and distribution channels.
- Assist in product positioning and sales campaigns through various mediums (email, client calls, and internal meetings)
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 10+ years of working experience in the derivatives industry, preferably in the equity or derivatives strategy space.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders including product development, compliance, and regulatory bodies in order to explain derivatives products and use cases
- First-rate communication and document writing skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interests in understanding US options market micro structure and market making practices in options markets. Previous experience in market micro-structure/option tick data a plus
- Derivatives/structured products knowledge and strong communication and client facing skills are required
- Multi-task, work in teams, self-motivate/take initiative, innovate, work independently, adapt, accept and lead change, meet deadlines
- Position requires strong organizational skills, a high level of detail, advance spreadsheet and some data base knowledge
- Strong oral/written communication skills, including the ability to present complex market analysis and ideas simply and compellingly to senior management and clients
- Interests in quantitative work, data analytics, options terminology and pricing models
- An understanding of technical and financial analysis, complex investment products and the securities market in general
- Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines
- Prior trading experience a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Licenses:
- BA or BS or equivalent required, MBA or advanced degree in economics, finance, business is preferred
Cboe Global Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Posted YesterdayFull timeR-0755
Cboe is always looking for intelligent, innovative and hard-working individuals. Our success is based on our talented team of industry and technology professionals, which we believe is the strongest in the industry, and we pride ourselves on hiring the best and brightest.