Vice President, Advisory,Services
Vice President, Tax Transaction Advisory Services
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep marketinsight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practicaladvice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds andperspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in anopaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when youjoin our team, youll become part of a supportive and collaborative workenvironment that empowers you to excel. If youre ready to share yourperspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is theDuff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps TaxTransaction Advisory Services practice evaluates and structures M&Atransactions from a tax perspective.
At Duff & Phelps,your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Joinus and together well maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- WithinTransaction Advisory Services practice, Transaction Tax Services professionalsoffer tax due diligence, tax structuring and tax technical expertise to thefirm.
- Workon buy /sell-side tax due diligence engagements.
- Identifyand analyze tax risks and opportunities while advising both strategic andprivate equity buyers and sellers on alternative tax strategies for acquisitions,dispositions, and restructuring of businesses.
- Identifyand understand complex federal/state income, sales/use tax, payroll tax,property tax, and escheat/unclaimed property tax issues through reading termsheets, letters of intent, purchase agreements, tax returns and financialstatements, and evaluate the business and tax issues as they relate to specifictransactions.
- Identifypost-acquisition steps to achieve anticipated tax results/improvements.
- Assistclients in identifying pre- and post-acquisition transaction tax issues.
- Writesummary reports on tax findings/analysis.
- Minimumof 5 years related work experience (a minimum of 2 years of relevant experiencein M&A tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning).
- ABachelors or Masters degree in accounting, MST or JD/LLM.
- Publicaccounting experience, CPA license a plus.
- Superioranalytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellentinterpersonal and client relationships skills.
- Proficiencyin Microsoft Office, with a focus on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Abilityto adapt to ever changing client demands.
- Flexibilityto travel, as needed.
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills that help represent diverse communities.
- Experience working with diverseteams.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff &Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs Primary Location: Work Locations:
Duff & Phelps is committed tocreating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunityemployer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender,gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexualorientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Chicago (0407) 311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 4200 Chicago, 60606 Organization:
Full-time Job Posting:
Dec 17, 2020