A Global Private Bank is seeking a Valuation Analyst (Authorized Officer) to join their rapidly growing team in Chicago, IL.
This individual will be responsible for working closely with financial models as well as promoting a robust valuation control process. Additionally, this individual will be working closely with third parties, including pricing vendor, valuation agents, and fund administrators to ensure the accurate pricing for private instruments.
Due to the role this individual will be playing in the organization, it is highly preferred that this person comes with prior experience exceeding client expectations by assisting with the documentation/implementation of systematic valuation control processes for less liquid instruments.
Some other responsibilities may include (not are not limited) too:
- Performing and documenting evaluation of pricing vendors and annual due diligence process.
- Preparing periodic valuation analyses and reports to the valuation committee.
- Collaborating effectively with internal and external teams involved in the business, including Portfolio Managers, Operations, Product Control, Data Management, Fund Administrators and Auditors.
- Experience constructing and reviewing valuation including: DCF, comparable company, market multiple and other pricing methods
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in an asset management firm or similar experience in a valuation function
- CPA or CFA preferred
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Computer Sciences, & Accounting is preferred