Selby Jennings has been engaged by a highly successful proprietary trading firm that is expanding its direct investing arm and is looking for a Private Equity Vice President to assist in continuing to build out this function.
This individual will have the opportunity to invest immediately available discretionary capital and have meaningful participation in the upside.
The main responsibilities for this role will include: running point on execution, overseeing platform investments, and perform all necessary due diligence.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 7-12 years of experience in a private equity role
- Deep exposure to Manufacturing and Business Services-focused industries
- Is based in Chicago or planning to relocate
- Experience with closing deals and has seen at least one transaction from start to finish
- Has a strong desire for upward mobility and to obtain a clear career track within a firm
- Proven track record of success in previous roles
- The preference for an entrepreneurial type of role