CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Treasury Analyst's principal functions include assisting the Cash Manager and Treasury Director in their activities and serving as back-up to the Cash Manager relative to daily domestic and international cash desk activities. The incumbent assists in bank account opening, closing and maintenance and is the key contact for resolution of bank operating issues, including Treasury systems administration. The role will also assist the department in process review and improvement activities. Furthermore, this role is responsible for generation of various Treasury reports, as well as working with the Assistant Treasurer and other department members on special projects. The Treasury Analyst must have an ability to grow and take on additional duties and responsibilities. Principal Accountabilities:
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Assist in bank account opening, closing and maintenance activities. Participate in ensuring compliance with key Treasury controls; assist with the update and maintenance of departmental process, control and policy documents.
- Assist in the bank system security administrator role including user set-up, system functionality and issue resolution. Work with departmental staff to maintain bank account database.
- Liaise with Accounting and other internal departments to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and informational requirements needed by those respective parties, including G/L entries and daily, monthly and quarterly reporting of such. Liaise with various CME departments and the banks on system functionality to enhance efficiency.
- Prepare various departmental reports, working with the Treasury Director and Cash Manager on the same. Take on special projects as requested.
- Responsible for the analysis and payment of bank fees, after correcting any erroneous billings. Projects to undertake in this realm include a review greater use of compensating balances, a comparison of the competitiveness of CME's pricing, and a cost benefit review of bank account analysis software to assist in managing this process.
- Serve as back-up to the Cash Manager in managing the daily domestic cash position, including funds transfers, liquidity management, short term investing and borrowing, and routine foreign exchange purchases, all as required. In conjunction with this, support international liquidity management and other international operating requirements. Assist with resolving all cash management issues or problems on a timely basis, including bank account activity inquires.
- Work with the Treasury Director to conduct periodic review and analysis to optimize banking procedures and configurations (e.g. concentration, collection and disbursement enhancements). Assist in ensuring that disaster recovery procedures are in place and fully functional.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word.
- Strong bank cash management systems, as well as familiarity with a Treasury Management System.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills with familiarity with accounting and financial analysis.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Workday experience a plus.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) a plus.
- Corporate Finance, Accounting or Treasury experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required.