Temporary - Senior Market Research Associate - Chicago
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Global Revenue Management Team ("GRM") is tasked with maximising the revenue of Fitch Ratings across regions and products. The global team has team members in APAC, EMEA, LatAm and US. The team seeks to enhance Fitch's global revenue through a disciplined analysis of Fitch's existing portfolios (data mining), pricing strategies, competition and opportunities. The team is also seeking to improve performance measurement and reporting.
• Contract negotiations for issuers, with a particular focus on LatAm
• Supporting negotiations of senior team members based in the region
• Perform ongoing portfolio analysis by asset class and region including banks, corporate, insurance and international public finance
• Use portfolio analysis tools to identify outliers and opportunities among sectors, regions and individual companies
• Create performance metrics to track and compare results across sectors, regions and individuals.
• Design and analyse reports from contract management system
• Compare products and pricing to competition
• Maintain accuracy and integrity of departmental databases
• Support the production of regular management information and performance to senior management
• Work effectively with colleagues within the GRM to ensure goals and objectives are met
Qualifications and experience:
• Experience of negotiating professional services contracts will be advantageous
• Keen interest in economics and global financial markets
• IT literate and have good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience of Salesforce would be advantageous
• Intermediate/Advanced Excel, Data, Reporting, VLookups, Pivot tables, Filtering, Formulas etc.
• Data manipulation and database interrogation
• Strong background in reporting (ad hoc and regular)
• Strong Visualisation and reporting tool experience with QlikView
• Confident stakeholder interaction and presentation skills
• Ability to speak and write fluent Spanish and English is required
• Portuguese language skills a bonus.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.