Technology Compliance Internship - Summer 2020
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
We are looking for motivated and talented students who want to help us solve some of the most complex challenges in financial technology. Technology teams at CME write and maintain ultra low-latency electronic trading platforms, risk management systems, and front-end trading interfaces, all of which are central to CME's business. We are focused on designing, building and deploying customer focused solutions with passion and precision.
CME's Technology Summer Internship program offers students opportunities to learn more about CME's business, our role in the financial industry, and the types of technology that keep our markets running. Students will develop both their technical skills and expand their network with access to industry experts, while working alongside other talented and ambitious students with a passion for FinTech. We are looking for motivated and talented students who want to help us solve some of the most complex challenges in financial technology. The Global Information Security (GIS) team is a critical component of the Technology division and is focused on delivering a safe and secure environment for the operation of our markets.
The IT Compliance and Controls team, which is part of the GIS team at CME Group, is responsible for establishing and maintaining the IT Policy and Controls Framework, including, the development and maintenance of IT Standards, Processes, and Procedures. Additionally, the IT Compliance and Controls team conducts IT Controls testing, and facilitates the Issues/Findings Management Process, ensuring that all exceptions and findings discovered during testing are tracked through completion. Other duties include coordinating technology assessments and audits with Global Assurance, CME's internal audit department, along with requests from external auditors, and CME's regulators.
The intern can expect to participate in several core roles, including:
- Maintenance and development of the IT Policy, Standards and Procedures
- IT Controls testing process
- IT Findings Management process
- Additional technology assessments and reviews
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree ideally with a technology related focus, however, all disciplines are encouraged to apply
- Self-motivated and interested in understanding the role compliance and governance plays within technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Must be team oriented with a high level of professionalism
- Capability to balance multiple project deadlines at one time
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with technology frameworks, NIST, COBIT, CFTC, AICPA, ISO/IEC, PCI, FFIEC, etc. a plus, but not required