Technical Representative - Application Programming Interface (API) (1715)
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC is expanding its Application Programming Interface department (API) at our main North America call center in Chicago, IL. As an API Programmer / Technician, a candidate should expect to consistently provide friendly and informative technical support to Interactive Brokers' clients. We are searching for experienced candidates with prior call center background in the financial services industry. Our Trader WorkStation is a Java 2 based proprietary trading platform that allows end-users to trade from their home or office.
Successful candidates should have experience with programming using Java classes.
- Primary responsibility is direct phone, chat, and written ticket support of API users about TWS API functionality and capabilities
- Executing scripts in all supported languages and technologies (Java, Python, C#, C++, ActiveX, DDE, VB.NET) and operating systems (primarily Windows, but also Linux and Mac OS) to troubleshoot and test API code
- Documentation of new source code with Doxygen and Github
- Contribution of code patches to fix/enhance API source through Github pull requests
- Escalation of reported client issues to developers or appropriate groups within Customer Service
- Minimum of 2+ years Java Programming experience a MUST
- Call Center or Phone Support experience in the financial services
- Thorough understanding of office and internet related applications
- Windows 7 Professional Troubleshooting
- DNS, TCP/IP and Application Support
- Java Programming
- Hands-on PC Troubleshooting
- Exposure To Linux or Mac a plus
- VB, C# and Java - Intermediate Programming Experience
- Perl Experience a Plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Technical Troubleshooting Skills
- Strong people skills
- Enthusiastic and hard-working individuals with both the ability to
follow well-organized procedure as well as investigate new problems to assist end-users.
- Bachelors Degree required in: Computer Science or related field.
- Technical Certifications: A+ Certification, etc. are a plus
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info