A global leading high-frequency trading firm is seeking a Technical Project Owner to join their Trading Infrastructure team in Chicago, IL. The Trading Infrastructure team is responsible for managing the firm's global IT infrastructure. And as the Technical Project Manager, you will have ownership over significant projects across the networks, support systems, and data centers.
What you'll do:
- Be hands-on and take ownership of infrastructure projects that impact the firm's global IT infrastructure - primarily the HPC infrastructure.
- Manage the implementation of new computing, storage, and networking infrastructure
- Automate and improve efficiency issues within the network infrastructure
- Support and troubleshoot high-performance networking infrastructure (InfiniBand and Ethernet technology)
Skills you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Experience working with major IT vendors to troubleshoot and resolve both implementation "teething problems" and break-fix type activity independently.
- Experience working on project planning, including using automated tools to prepare for deployment and collaborating with other teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You will be working to support a global engineering team.
- Experience with the following:
- networking concepts, configuration, and troubleshooting
- programming (such as in Python)
- command-line of Linux systems doing basic system troubleshooting
- open-source configuration management systems such as puppet.
- planning for space, power, and structure cabling within data center environments