Chicago, IL, United States
Tax Executives Institute Job Search Keywords 5 mi/8 km 10 mi/15 km 25 mi/40 km 50 mi/80 km 100 mi/160 km 200 mi/320 km Submit Search
- Tax Manager
Tax Manager BMO Harris Bank Chicago, Illinois, United States 3 days ago
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Finance & Accounting
Supports the tax accounting, provisioning, tax compliance, audits and governance for BMOFG and its businesses. Applies knowledge and research of the relevant tax legislation and guidelines that can impact the business reporting and compliance. Develops tax related technical and accounting solutions and tax reporting advice.
We're here to help
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Oversees and supports the tax provision, compliance and tax return processes and related accounting activities / supporting documentation.
- Manages audits; prepares responses to queries about the Bank's position on resolving issues and proposed adjustments received from tax authorities.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of tax accounting, reporting & compliance programs / processes e.g. tax provisioning, return filings, payments and audits.
- Supports the maintenance of the database / records management of all required filings and other tax compliance activities including audit responses; designs and produces regular and ad-hoc tracking reports to help ensure timely compliance.
- Researches and identifies position statements on current and proposed tax related issues, programs, initiative or legislation for the business/group/enterprise.
- Analyzes data and information to provide taxation insights and recommendations related to returns, re-assessments, objections etc.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to collect and provide tax information for related accounting entries; support tax provision; compliance; audits, etc.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Acts as liaison between stakeholders in order to align agendas and ensure a clear understanding of the business context.
- Monitors compliance with tax policies, procedures and controls to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service e.g. prepares / supports preparation of accounting entries, reconciliations, reporting packages and financial statements for tax provisions, payments and returns.
- Provides no tax advice directly or indirectly to particular customers or employees of BMOFG.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.Qualifications:
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting designation required.
- Working knowledge in the application of corporate taxes for the assigned jurisdiction(s) / portfolio.
- Working knowledge in the application of tax accounting concepts.
- Working knowledge of specialized tax return software.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at www.jobs.bmoharris.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
- Job ID: 55575201
Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Position Title: Tax Manager
- Company Name: BMO Harris Bank
- Job Function: Other
- Job Type: Full-Time
Banking / Accounting / Financial Chicago , IL , US
We are a company inspired by a common Purpose: to Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. Everyone who works here has a role to play in delivering on that Purpose. Every day. It’s an amazing feeling when you know you’re making a customer’s life better, and you can do it at BMO – whether you’re imagining a new product, designing a customer experience, streamlining an application, launching a marketing campaign or just being there in a very human way with the right answer.
Jobs You May Like V
Senior Tax Analyst Videojet Wood Dale, IL, United States Senior Tax Analyst Molson Coors Beverage Company Milwaukee, WI, United States International Tax Manager Molson Coors Beverage Company Milwaukee, WI, United States K
International Tax Compliance Manager Keysight Technologies, Inc. Santa Clara, CA, United States No content No content