The Tax Accountant is responsible for supporting the Corporate Tax Team. This individual will assist in the preparation of federal, state, and international tax filings; will support the accounting for income taxes process, audit defense, international tax compliance, and tax technology initiatives. In addition, this position will assist with tax research and special projects. The ideal candidate will have a desire to continually learn and develop their technical tax and accounting skillset and will have the opportunity to do so by working with all levels of the tax department. Principle Accountabilities:
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Assist with preparation of federal, state, and international income tax returns and various other required tax filings. Review prior year work papers and schedules, gather data for current year calculations, prepare current year work papers and schedules. Understand corrections or changes required to work papers and/or tax returns after review by Senior Tax Accountant or Manager and correctly update work papers and/or tax returns accordingly. Assist with gathering and analyzing the state allocation and apportionment information. Assist with preparation of federal and state quarterly income tax estimated payment calculations and extension calculation.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual tax provision, including preparation and maintenance of supporting work papers.
- Serve as champion of fixed asset accounting for tax purposes, including maintenance of well-documented, supporting work papers.
- Assist in audit defense matters with various governmental agencies including researching, gathering information, and preparation of responses to information requests or tax notices.
- Assist with and support tax planning and research projects.
- PC skills with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with ONESOURCE Income Tax software a plus
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills and possess a basic understanding of accounting principles
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.