This Regional Practice leader is responsible for managing the North America Talent Acquisition function while providing consultative holistic TA solutions to meet business objectives. The leader will develop the recruiting strategies to meet the organization’s regional hiring goals. They will manage regional Talent Acquisition expenses, budget and the designing of yearly forecasts. The North America Talent Acquisition Leader will develop, direct, plan, and evaluate all recruiting activities across the region’s TA function. They will also be responsible for diversity hiring initiatives and accountable for attracting, engaging and hiring diverse talent to drive business success.
1. Manages the North America Talent Acquisition team and conducts the performance management process, identifies training and development needs and performance standards for the team.
2. Responsible for diversity hiring initiatives and accountable for attracting, engaging and hiring diverse talent aligned to specific business unit goals.
3. Helps develop and implement employment brand strategies and partners with Global Sourcing team to help build out and engage Talent Pipelines.
4. Develops budget and manages the expenses for their regional TA organization.
6. Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages employee engagement, teamwork, and communication.
7. Develops, directs, plans, and evaluates both internal and external recruitment programs to meet the organization’s hiring requirements.
8. Develops strategies to position the organization as an employer of choice.
9. Directs executive, professional, technical, and non-exempt recruiting.
10. Designs and implements proactive recruiting strategies.
11. Responsible for the recruiting methodologies used to attract candidates (advertising, on-line postings, internal/external job fairs, referrals, etc.).
12. Evaluates, monitors and proactively enhances all aspects of the organization’s hiring policies, processes and practices.
13. Establishes metrics against which the performance of the unit or function can be measured.
14. Proactively communicates hiring statistics and results to business leaders and provides holistic consultative TA solutions. Consults on ways in which hiring performance can be improved.
15. Monitors processes and results to ensure compliance with company Human Resource recruiting policies, federal and state legal employment requirements and guidelines.
16. Develops and implements business unit and regional recruiting project plans.
17. Ensures that the recruiting function reflects market best practices.
18. Serves as an expert resource in Talent Acquisition.
19. May be responsible to be the liaison between senior leadership and retained search firm for high level and confidential searches.
Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine TA goals, resources needed and to assess and develop the skills of the staff. Strong managerial skills. In depth knowledge and experience of best in class recruiting policies and practices. Excellent planning, project management and analytical skills. Strong relationship and communication skills and the ability to influence management at all levels within the organization.
10 or more years of Talent Acquisition experience including managerial responsibilities
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.