Summer Investment Analyst Program
Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over $350 billion of assets under management. For over 120 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships. The Public Securities Group¹ leverages Brookfield's core real asset expertise via global listed strategies, including real estate, infrastructure, real asset debt, real asset solutions and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 30 years and has $19 billion of assets under management. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Houston, London, San Diego, Seoul and Toronto. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors.
The Position: Summer Investment Analyst Program
Brookfield's Public Securities Group Summer Investment Analyst Program is an eleven-week program offering a unique opportunity to learn the basics of global investing and conclude by preparing investment recommendation(s) to the team. The program concludes with interns' preparing an investment recommendation to portfolio managers and senior analysts. The program is designed to provide summer interns exposure to Brookfield's investment philosophy and identify candidates for full-time employment in the Investment Analyst Program after graduation.
- A Summer Investment Analyst will learn the fundamentals of value investing from seasoned analysts and portfolio managers, participate in strategic discussions with company management teams, and experience Brookfield's collaborative culture.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will significantly vary, but may include: financial modeling, preparation of presentation material or organization and coordination of large working groups, performing industry and macro-economic analysis, assisting senior analysts and portfolio managers in assessing investment opportunities with an array of valuation methodologies, as well as meeting with senior management to better understand strategy and operations.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Students entering their final year of university study
- Students who are pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related field
- Top academic performer
- Demonstrated passion for financial concepts and enjoy investing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and results orientation
- Independent thinker willing to challenge convention
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship