State and Local Tax Senior Associate - Value Added Tax
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 01 Feb 18 2018-02-01
Value-Added Tax (VAT) has grown to be a major source of revenues for governments worldwide and will continue to grow as more territories move to more consumption-oriented tax regimes. Territories with existing VAT regimes may choose to raise revenue by increasing rates, expanding the scope, or introducing environmental or energy taxes, among other things. At the same time VAT policies, legislation and compliance are all under increased scrutiny by governments and tax officials.
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
Most businesses are reacting accordingly and are designing and implementing VAT strategies, with a particular emphasis on ensuring compliance and achieving efficiencies. From a risk management and systems implementation perspective, VAT is important as it can become a huge expense if it is not correctly accounted for, due to the steep volume of transactions and the high exposure due to the cumulative effect of minor errors. Multinationals process thousands of transactions every day and even an error rate of 1% can be material.
PricewaterhouseCoopers helps clients to formulate, implement and manage their global indirect taxes strategy. We have a network of more than 1,900 indirect taxes experts in 130 countries, ready to work with our clients wherever they may operate.
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting provided all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations
Certification(s) Required: CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
Degree(s) Preferred: Juris Doctorate with Accounting or Tax, or Master's degree in Taxation
- Considerable knowledge of VAT structuring and technical consulting associated with US headquartered companies overseas VAT regimes relating to VAT taxation of US companies, and familiarity with non US tax principals.
- Working knowledge of providing advice to clients on global VAT strategies, cross border operations structuring and restructuring, outbound investments, M&A, due diligence, logistics and supply chain transformation, recovery of VAT taxes, audit defense, tax automation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Considerable technical skills in the analysis and resolution of global technical VAT taxation issues, recovery of VAT taxes, audit defense, tax automation and ERP systems.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
- Demonstrated experience as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.