CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Examiner participates in financial and compliance examinations, limited reviews of daily customer protection statements, & financial statement analysis of clearing member firms of CME to ensure they are in compliance with CME & other regulatory organization rules and regulations. The incumbent works to ensure the financial integrity of CME's Clearing Members by conducting risk based examinations, limited daily reviews, financial statement reviews, and various special projects.
• Learns and understands firm reconciliations, equity system documents, third party documents (e.g. bank statements, trade registers), the 1-FR and FOCUS Report, testing procedures and requirements (e.g. completeness, verification), and rules and regulations (e.g. financial statement filing requirements.)
• Maintains the audit trail and ensures it is logical and organized. Follows the examination process from beginning to end.
• Performs and is responsible for detailed examination testing and documentation of assigned areas.
• Performs monthly and daily financial statement reviews, addresses issues with clearing member firms, and documents findings on edit checks and alerts. Performs biweekly SIDR (Segregated Investment Detail Report) reviews, addresses issues with clearing member firms, and documents findings on edit checks.
• Prepares any examination issues and findings in a clear and concise manner. The staff examiner, along with a more senior examination team member, is responsible for presenting their findings to the firm.
• Responsible for identifying any examination issues and problems.
• Responsible for most components of the regulatory financial and compliance examination, working from Joint Audit Committee approved programs, including bank statement, safekeeping, carrying broker, clearing organization and equity system analysis.
• Sets reasonable scopes, identifies problems, researches the problems, and determines and obtains all necessary information from the firm for completion of their assigned areas, with guidance from senior members of the examination team.
Skills & Software Requirements:
Word, Excel, Outlook, Castle, FORTRESS, PeopleSoft, SPAN