Sr. Software Engineer in Test
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 21 Feb 19
Sr. Software Engineer in Test
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Sr. Software Engineer in Test (Sr. SET) is the subject matter expert w/in the project team making applications more testable & develops software to support testing efforts. Sr. SET has good written & verbal communication skills; & able to interface efficiently w/ all of the support groups, other QA groups & dev groups in working independently w/ minimal oversight. Sr. SET exhibits quick learning abilities in picking up/mastering new concepts- maybe business, technical & process oriented.
Join the Distribution Systems team at an exciting phase of our growth. Participate in delivering a front end trading solution, using the latest web technologies and building microservices for flexibility and scalability, while taking an Agile execution approach and applying DevOps principles in crafting the solution.
There will be no micro management and you will be given goals and general framework of how to execute on a project and we expect you to work autonomously, collaborate with other team members as part of an Agile team and think about the customers' needs.
This is a high impact team and everything you do directly affects the company's revenue and will be used by thousands of people every day.
- Assist Manager and/or Lead in identifying automation opportunities and testability challenges with the application, identifying project risks, and implementing process changes and efficiencies.
- Develops and implements designs for automated testing framework. Develops software for making APIs and front end UIs, more testable.
- Interface and communicate with internal teams.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining SDLC artifacts and facilitating reviews.
- Understand and implement testing methodologies.
- Work with Sr and Lead SET in implementing automation opportunities and overcoming testability challenges.
- Participate in application code reviews and provide input for making the applications more testable.
- 5+ years of software development or test automation experience required.
- Experience in testing large scale systems, preferably trading systems or other systems in the financial industry.
- Development experience in any object oriented language.
- Test automation experience required, focused on both backend and front end testing.
- Proficient in SQL knowledge.
- Experience in creating and using test automation frameworks, covering thick client, web and API frameworks (RESTful)
- Experience in creating scripts using either Linux shells or Windows Powershell.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Prior development experience in either Java or C# languages.
- Knowledge of FIX protocol
- Experience in developing testing solutions for microservices
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS or Azure.
- Teamcity/Jenkins pipeline knowledge