Sr. Risk Management Technical Project Manager
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. Weâ€™re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
This position is responsible for project management delivery on multiple complex Risk Systems projects. Follows project processes, actively manages risk and creates detailed program management reports and documentation. The position acts as an interface w/ the business and a partner within the development teams to provide an integrated solution across domains. S/he is responsible for independently contributing to the analysis planning, detailed analysis, design, & solution validation for mid to large projects or enhancements for the risk domain. The individual must have excellent written & verbal communication skills, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to facilitate, negotiate, & influence.
- Communicate project status to department senior management to ensure that project priorities and status is understood.
- Confirm that the appropriate resources are assigned to ensure successful project delivery, including team members and available tools. Clarify project team member task assignments and monitors progress towards completion of deliverables.
- Identify, document, and escalate project risks and issues to Manager Project Management.
- Organize project work into manageable phases and create a plan for completing all phases based on project goals. Ensure project status is documented in relevant knowledge bases.
- Works with more senior members of the team to manage change requests, including reevaluation of project forecasts, variance reporting, and corrective actions.
- Responsible for managing individual responsibilities within the analysis plan, approach, and requirements management. Contributes direct input into the approach and status.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager Technical Business Analyst or Technical Release Manager working functionally in a Java, Linux or Oracle environment
- 5+ years of experience working in Risk Management, Banking or related industry
- Strong experience with MS Excel, Jira and Confluence
- Preferred experience with SQL is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to meet project deadlines