Sr. Marketing Automation Specialist
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Sr. Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for strategic operation of our marketing automation platform (Marketing Cloud), including building and supporting standard programs such as email, cross channel communications, lead capture, lead qualification, nurturing and integration with CRM.
The Sr. specialist will work with internal clients to implement marketing automation best practices and deliver world-class campaigns/communications. This person will also support the onboarding and training of new employees and departments onto the platform as needed.
Success in this role requires extensive working experience with Marketing Automation platforms, specifically Salesforce Marketing Cloud. (Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, Consultant and/or Admin certifications preferred). In addition, the successful candidate will have knowledge of AMPScript, HTML and CSS; strong analytical abilities, attention to detail, creative problem solving and proven communication skills. This person will be instrumental in driving lead acquisition, and nurturing leads toward revenue opportunities through automation, personalized communication and campaign optimization. This individual will also contribute to Marketing Cloud systems set up and maintenance as needed.
- Work with internal clients to understand business goals and, plan, build and run communications and marketing automation campaigns and nurture programs in a flexible and timely manner to meet business objectives
- Lead the solution design process within Marketing Cloud, including building journeys, writing queries, building data extensions, writing AMPScripts
- Design and execute marketing automation programs including Triggered Sends, Email Studio Sends, Multi-Channel automated programs, Audience Segmentation and other components as needed to support marketing campaigns
- Monitor, troubleshoot, analyze and report on critical metrics including email marketing results and engagement through the customer journey. Identify opportunities for testing and recommendations for program improvements. Partner closely with analytics teams to provide data streams for the reporting on critical metrics.
- Implement global best practices for outbound and inbound marketing, content marketing, lead qualification, lead nurturing and data hygiene
- Evangelize the marketing automation execution process including workflow documentation and QA testing to improve efficiency and reduce risk of human error
- Support the generation and implementation of test strategies, including A/B multi-variant testing, to drive qualified traffic and revenue-building activities to ensure maximum profitability
- Understand and maintain responsive email and landing page templates that meet CME Group standards and are cross-browser compatible
- Work with cross-regional Marketing Automation team members to meet or exceed internal SLAs and ensure seamless coordination across time-zones as needed
- Communicate effectively and collaborate closely with Marketing Automation team members based in other regions
- Provide training and documentation for new and existing users
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, Consultant and/or Admin certifications preferred
- Experience working in the Salesforce Platform with knowledge of basic Salesforce functionality (Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Sales Processes, Lead Processes, and custom object) and Salesforce-Marketing Cloud integration knowledge is highly desirable. Familiarity with Salesforce Pardot platform is also a plus.
- Ability to understand workflow processes and systems within a marketing/sales cycle
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, presentation
- Candidate must thrive in a fast paced, iterative, deadline driven environment
- Candidate must be team-oriented and thrive in a highly collaborative environment