Sr. Director, Global Brand Marketing
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 18 Mar 19
Sr. Director, Global Brand Marketing
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
This role is responsible for shaping the organization's overall image on a global scale across all major audiences. It requires managing the corporate brand globally and directing and facilitating its consistent application across the company's marketing materials, corporate advertising and external and internal communications with the goal of influencing a broad understanding and positive perceptions of CME Group among all stakeholders. The position plays a significant role in influencing the global image, branding and corporate identity for the company, and develops the editorial and messaging strategy.
- Execute CME Group's overall brand strategy globally to continue positioning company as a global business leader. This includes leading the corporate identity, brand architecture, brand promise, brand advertising and marketing strategies, as well as developing brand messaging that unifies all communications externally and internally.
- Develop and manage corporate brand advertising, product and segment campaigns, and multi-million dollar paid media - directing the work of our agency partners - to advance CME Group's identity as a market leader essential to helping businesses and industries around the globe successfully manage the risks they face and increase awareness around individual products and services.
- Manage annual brand research and other measurement initiatives to monitor changes in perceptions of customers and potential customers and gain an understanding of what reputational and motivational attributes are meaningful to CME Group's key stakeholders in the U.S., Europe and Asia, in comparison with peer companies and competitors in order to increase effectiveness of corporate marketing and financial communications strategy.
- Collaborate closely with our Client Development and Sales group, as well as the Product Marketing teams, on product campaigns to ensure alignment with our corporate campaign and brand promise, while also helping to cross sell each product line. Oversee brand development and creation of subsidiary advertising campaigns and media plans for CME Group partners and subsidiaries.
- Ensure brand standards are consistently applied across all communications and corporate assets globally. Communicates regularly with business lines to develop strategies and effectively support initiatives.
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and web-based search. ESP and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years in public facing corporate marketing or brand management role.
- Requires a bachelors and/or masters degree in communications, marketing and/or advertising.