Specialist, Shared Services Oversight Team - Asset Services Americas New 📅 83212 Requisition # 📅 4 hours ago Post Date Job Title:
Specialist – Shared Service Oversight Team – Asset Servicing Americas (Client Service Investment Operations) Asset Servicing Americas
- Northern Trust is a leading global provider of asset servicing and related services. We have experience helping some of the world’s largest and most complex organizations handle their asset servicing needs, offering guidance and insight with personalized service. We work with corporate and government retirement funds, nonprofit organizations, fund managers, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies and other institutional investors around the globe. Our ongoing investment in technology allows us to provide our clients with the solutions they need to operate their businesses more efficiently. We couple this with a client-centered approach to provide a powerful combination of service, technology and expertise. Summary
– Currently seeking a Specialist to join the Shared Service Oversight Team for Asset Servicing Americas. The Shared Service Oversight Team is responsible for improving service quality for Asset Servicing Clients by collaborating with multiple Shared Services across the globe. The Specialist will use their strong knowledge of Problem Solving, Project Management, and Relationship Building to drive measurable improvement in client service quality, operating excellence and employee satisfaction. This individual is a self-starter, seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive background of building effective working relationships across large matrixed organizations, analyze complex situations and negotiate and implement solutions that improve client service quality. Responsibilities – Service Level Descriptions (SLD)
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Performance Dashboards
- Lead the development and negotiation of SLDs between Asset Servicing Americas and Shared Services. Understand current SLDs between business and Shared Services, work with senior business leaders to identify and close gaps and secure signoff on the SLD.
- Prioritize, manage and implement plan for SLD renewal for Asset Servicing Americas in accordance with the SLD Governance Guidelines
Issue Tracking and Management
- Identify KPIs to measure performance of Shared Service deliverables.
- Manage ongoing monthly/quarterly measurement and reporting of KPIs
- Manage the issue log process – assess root cause, identify opportunities for improvement, collaborate on implementation and monitor results.
- Provide transparency to stakeholders by maintaining statuses in Issue Log
- Improve operating excellence through data and process analysis, identifying trends, drawing connections between KPIs and issues and recommend actions to address trends.
- Help prioritize issues and initiatives to maximize impact and improvement across Asset Servicing Americas
- Promote effective Controls in processes to reduce risk to Northern and its clients
- Share and promote best practices across Asset Servicing Americas
- Work seamlessly with Control, Business Intelligence, Business Units and Shared Services to support business objectives and promote operating excellence.
- Assists with the on-boarding and training of new and existing partners. Serves as a coach and mentor to partners on issue analysis and resolution.
Knowledge / Skills
- Build relationships across all Business Units and Shared Services to promote a one team culture
- Prepare and present quality reporting trends, findings with stakeholders and ensure buy-in
- Initiate and coordinate meetings with stakeholders to address issues and implement action plans
- Be the go-to person and subject matter expert in the development of a continuous improvement mindset to promote operating excellence.
- Consistently displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising across NT to resolve issues, improve service delivery and productivity.
- Self-starter – Performs independently with limited supervision and coaching. Leads and directs the efforts of team, peers, stakeholders. Coordinates with teams across ASA to improve service quality and operating excellence.
- Ability to own, lead and deliver multiple issues/initiatives across multiple areas to improve the service delivery, efficiency and relationships
- Proactively recommends and champions value added efforts to improve overall service quality and promote employee engagement
- Exceptional influencing skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator and facilitator with strong analytical and presentation skills
- Results oriented, takes initiative to identify areas to add value and executes quickly and effectively.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Attention to detail
- Works with a sense of urgency
About Northern Trust:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in Business, Finance or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of professional work experience with a minimum of 7 years in Business Process Analysis, Continuous Improvement/Lean/Six Sigma. Proven experience of root cause problem solving
- Experience/understanding of IT support – Mainframe, Client Server operating systems, System infrastructures, Network Concepts, Disaster Recovery
- Previous experience with Shared Services (e.g. IT, Derivatives, Alternative Assets, IRAS, Securities Services, Reconciliation) is a plus
- Previous experience with Financial Industry Operations (E.g. Fund Accounting, Custody Servicing, Transfer Agency) is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and advanced Excel skills. Experience with Microsoft PowerBI, Macros, SharePoint
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.