Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Deposit Specialist Job Location US-IL-Chicago Posted Date 18 hours ago(2/13/2020 1:29 PM) ID 2020-5441 # of Openings 1
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
CIBC works to help you make your ambitions a reality with a team that is committed to being always professional, genuinely caring and collaborates to find simple solutions as we build our relationship-focused bank for the modern world.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all of our team members can excel.
Deposit Specialist’s primary responsibilities are managing deposit accounts for a portfolio of CIBC Innovation Banking (group reports into CIBC CB&WM Canada) clients and will be the client’s primary contact for any account related questions. He or she will work closely with CIBC Innovation Banking relationship managers (who themselves report directly into CIBC CB&WM Canada), client service staff and other treasury management team members to oversee the account opening and on-boarding process for new clients. The Deposit Specialist will manage day-to-day client inquiries in support of an excellent client experience, as well as identify client needs which present potential cross-sale opportunities. The Deposit Specialist will engage product partners, as needed, to support both of these goals. The individual will act as a liaison between the CIBC Innovation Banking and CIBC USA Innovation Banking Relationship Managers, Client Banking Specialists, and Treasury Management Advisors. The Deposit Specialist will work with CIBC Innovation Banking RMs on their goal for new business development.
The deposit specialist will be responsible but not limited to the following activities:
- Manage a portfolio of CIBC Innovation Banking deposit clients and serve as the main point of contact for all account related questions
- Provide updates to key stakeholders regarding changes in account balances and deposit rates
- Travel to and attend client meetings with the CIBC Innovation Banking Relationship Manager
- Advise prospects and existing clients about our Treasury Management and deposit services including pricing and investment rates in conjunction with liquidity and treasury management teams.
- “Quarterback” the account opening process by preparing and distributing account paperwork, managing completion deadlines, and supporting the client’s progress towards the deadlines.
- Communicate necessary compliance requirements to clients and assist with completion of documentation
- Schedule meetings between the client and treasury management staff to implement online banking services
- Arrange introductory meetings with the client and product partners (e.g. corporate liquidity services, treasury management etc.)
- Research and resolve overdraft situations
- Monitor CIBC Innovation Banking deposit balances and work with CIBC’s liquidity team to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Act as a liaison between the CIBC Innovation Banking and CIBC USA Innovation Banking teams
- Acts with a sense of urgency while working to balance the needs of CIBC, the client, relationship teams and product advisors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfort interacting with clients
- Comfortable operating within tight timelines and in dynamic environments
- Ability to prioritize key milestones for a variety of parallel processes
- Oversee production, distribution and execution of account opening paperwork necessary to open accounts
- College Degree / Business, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Economics preferred
- Ability to maintain commercial deposit relationships with high level of competency
- Ability to effectively monitor account activity for changes and manage overdrafts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with advanced knowledge financial analysis and modeling.
- Personal proficiency or interest in the software industry or start-up communities is a plus.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS