Principal Solution Architect Chicago - 125 S Franklin/en-US/careers/job/Chicago---125-S-Franklin/Solution-Architect_REQ-1400-1/apply Summary:
The Solution Architect reports to the Head of Enterprise Technology Solutions. The Solution Architect (SA) helps the organization achieve its objectives by coordinating the delivery of business capabilities and stewarding technology resources to their most efficient and effective use. The SA works with various IT and Security teams to architect enterprise solutions that enable business capabilities. This position is responsible for the technical solution design as it relates to solution delivery of all Cloud SaaS/PaaS Applications. It is a technical role directly facilitating the collaboration of engineers in various technical areas, ensuring adherence to architecture standards, and ensuring a smooth transition to operations for all solutions. The SA will be a technical liaison to business units to ensure the technical solution requirements of their projects are being met. The candidate will provide a successful track record on enabling change through technology and the ability to dive deeply into underlying businesses and associated technologies. The individual will work closely with the business, IT, security, architecture, engineering, and operations teams to document and transition solutions that scale and can be leveraged and supported broadly across the company. The ideal candidate must have both leadership and technical expertise to effectively and efficiently manage technology projects and their associated virtual teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- MUST be able to document solution proposals (e.g. solution options sequence diagrams, conceptual diagrams) to get agreement from Security, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, etc.
- Produce project level and program level technical documentations (solution options, solution architecture, high-level end-to-end design flow) collaborating with other technical leads
- Work on multiple projects in different functional areas (e.g., Channels, Sales/Marketing/CRM, HCM, ERP, Internet Services)
- Develops effective department strategies that consider technical innovation, business strategy, risk, and affordability.
- Aligns department strategy and planning with the companys business goals and objectives.
- Seamlessly integrates business and service into enterprise solutions.
- Partners with business and technology teams to elicit and translate business requirements into technological solutions.
- Collaborates with the business and IT teams to help identify and develop creative solutions for complex technical requirements and processes. Adheres to overall reference architecture.
- Research and evaluate vendors/technologies to identify appropriate technology for OCCs strategic direction, including conducting pilot or product selection efforts; prepare written reports of findings and recommend implementation and rollout approaches to the organization.
- Maintains a high awareness of industry trends associated with all the technologies in play within the enterprise.
- Follows policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company.
- Acts as a mentor within the department and the organization as a whole.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience working with Cloud ecosystems (AWS, Azure, SaaS, PaaS)
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps tools and technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus/Artifactory and CI/CD pipeline.
- Good understanding of data integrations, patterns, technologies and tool
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing services (web services, REST, Web API, ESB, message-based) development, integration and deployment
- Solid experience with a variety of development technologies and application architectures - distributed and enterprise technology platforms, event sourcing, SOA, Microservices, Hybrid Transaction/Analytical processing.
- Broad knowledge of systems and application development techniques, database systems/structures, technology tools/products, programming languages.
- Experience with program/projects involving complex integration of disparate types of technologies/platforms and data.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of architecture including business, application, data and technology.
- Knowledge of the governance of architecture and the development of standards, patterns and best practices.
- Working knowledge of IT and architecture frameworks, specifically COBIT and TOGAF.
- Highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership of their work/projects.
- Strong desire and capacity to adapt to new technologies.
- Leadership - Drive - Integrity - Ability to work with a team - Ability to work independently.
- Provides critical thinking and expertise from ideation to implementation.
- Ability to collaborate, establish and maintain credible and influential relationships at all levels.
- An enquiring mind with the ability to abstract general principles from specifics.
- Highly collaborative comfortable sharing ideas and asking questions with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrates refined written and verbal communication skills, fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum; has excellent negotiation skills with an ability to orchestrate change through influence.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10 or more years of diverse work experience in Information Technology ideally in the Financial Services Industry.
- 5+ years of experience with SaaS and PaaS architecture design and technical implementation.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as an Enterprise Architect, Solution Architect or a Technical Solutions type role.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about , please click .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted YesterdayFull timeREQ-1400
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a Derivatives Clearing Organization. Named 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year - The Americas by FOW Magazine and 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year by Global Investor/ISF Magazine, OCC now provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 20 exchanges and trading platforms for options, financial futures, security futures, and securities lending transactions. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.