Software Engineer in Test III - new integration project
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Software Engineer in Test III (SET III) makes applications more testable by developing software to support testing efforts. SET III has good development skills; & is able to interface efficiently w/ all of the support groups, other QA groups, & dev groups in working independently with some oversight. Employee must be comfortable working as part of an Agile team. S/he must exhibit quick learning capabilities in picking up & mastering new concepts- business, technical & process oriented.
Join the Distribution Systems team at an exciting phase of our growth. Participate in delivering a front end trading solution, using the latest web technologies and building microservices for flexibility and scalability, while taking an Agile execution approach and applying DevOps principles in crafting the solution.
There will be no micro management and you will be given goals and general framework of how to execute on a project and we expect you to work autonomously, collaborate with other team members as part of an Agile team and think about the customers' needs.
This is a high impact team and everything you do directly affects the company's revenue and will be used by thousands of people every day.
- Develops and implements designs for automated testing framework. Develops software for making API's more testable.
- Interface and communicate with internal teams.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining SDLC artifacts and facilitating reviews.
- Understand and implement testing methodologies.
- Work with Sr and Lead SET in implementing automation opportunities and overcoming testability challenges.
- Participate in application code reviews and provide input for making the applications more testable.
Essential Criteria We prefer c# experience, but are open to Java candidates who are willing to learn c#
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years of software development or test automation experience required.
- Experience in testing large scale systems, preferably trading systems or other systems in the financial industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team oriented environment.
- Experience in creating and using test automation frameworks, covering thick client, web and API frameworks (RESTful).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in creating scripts using either Linux shells or Windows Powershell.
- Proficient in SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of FIX protocol.
- SDLC knowledge and comfort working in a process-oriented environments
- Teamcity/Jenkins pipeline knowledge.