Software Engineer I - Rotational Development Program
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . Software Engineer I
We are looking for motivated and talented Software Engineers who want to help us solve some of the most complex challenges in financial technology. Technology teams at CME write and maintain ultra low-latency electronic trading platforms, risk management systems, and front-end trading interfaces, all of which are central to CME's business. We are focused on designing, building and deploying customer focused solutions with passion and precision.
Software Engineers at CME Group will gain unparalleled experience in electronic trading and financial technology. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of applications and projects that directly impact the global trading ecosystem. Our engineers work on a wide variety of projects including developing cloud infrastructure, researching blockchain technologies, and applications that directly impact the trading lifecycle.
The Software Engineers will participate in a Rotational Development program for 18-24 months to gain experience working with several teams, on different projects, and different technologies. This program will also include professional development and knowledge sharing sessions on different aspects of CME's business functions. Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Object-Oriented design and software development
- Proficiency in Java or another programming language
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Experience with source control and build tools (e.g. GIT, Stash)
- Experience in developing server-side applications
- Experience working in Financial Technology
- Proficiency in UNIX/Linux and shell scripting
- Experience working with database or SQL
- Experience working with cloud technologies