CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivates marketplace. This is where futures are made. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries and build a career by shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it - all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more. Description:
We are PSG (Production Support Group), a very advanced and dedicated team staffed with talented people who have a diverse skillset. The PSG Software Engineer combines traditional development skills along with advanced application support, automation, and troubleshooting skills to enable rapid resolution of critical issues with CME Group's electronic trading systems.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and running large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant, and latency sensitive applications that run CME Group's business and provide our customers with extremely fast access to our markets. This individual will work on systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days during times of turmoil or surprises in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles. The candidate must be able to solve technical problems creatively, develop new processes and solutions for brand new challenges. It's a very critical and exciting role where every day is different, challenging, and rewarding. Requirements:
- Working knowledge in SQL Query and Report Writing
- Relational Databases and Data Structures
- Data Integration with 3rd party systems (via direct integration, ODBC and csv file based updates)
- REST API Configuration and build out of reports/views
- Knowledge of web services
- SSO Authentication Models
- Working knowledge of managing Development Tickets in an Agile Jira environment
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in Application development.
- A Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job title.
- Knowledge of Alfabet is a plus.
- AWS experience is a plus.
- Working experience in a Financial industry is a plus.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. CME Group complies with federal, state and local laws with respect to providing accommodations for individuals who are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical condition or religious belief.