Software Engineer II- Pricing and Trade Services team
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. Weâ€™re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Software Engineer II engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Chicago as a Software Engineer. The Chicago team is a high performing group of individuals that deliver on a broad range of functions including systems/business analysis, software development and quality assurance services. The team is responsible from initial request review, impact assessment, and prioritization through to solution implementation. The selected candidate will work on the next generation Options Settlement application which calculates settlement prices for all option products traded in CME Group.
- Write application modules and unit tests.
- Design with guidance and code independently.
- Assist with code optimization.
- Participate in code reviews whilst reviewing code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects.
- Help to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code.
- Support continuous improvement, contributing to adoption of best practice and process improvements
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is required. Please note equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience will be considered.
- Excellent front-end web development skills:
- HTML5 and XHTML using semantic mark-up and patterns for code reuse
- CSS with a solid understanding of modern techniques such as Responsive Web Design, Graceful Degradation and Object-Oriented Development, LESS/SASS
- Experience in application architecture, W3C standards, accessibility and usability
- Experience of building high performance websites and applications
- Understanding of the consumption of RESTful web services via HTTP
- â€¢ Experience of working with MVC libraries
- Experience of coding in a story-driven Agile environment.
- Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
- Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.
- Prior experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, for example Jenkins, XL Release
- Experience with static analysis and security scanning tools such as Checkmarx