The selected candidate will join in Chicago on the Options Settlement team. The Options settlement team is responsible for settlements of all the options traded in CME,CBT and NYMEX. The Software Engineer II engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world. Principal Accountabilities:
• Applies basic tools knowledge to maintain designs to reflect modifications.
• Considers the importance of industry standards/best practices while working
• Develops unit test with minimal guidance.
• Exhibits basic knowledge of database SQL, including basic database modeling and tuning.
• Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
• Helps with code optimization based on delegated tasks. Participates in code reviews and helps with environment build deployments; Corrects identified defects and issues and finds own bugs. Skills & Software Requirements
- 2-3 years of Java experience
- 1-2 years of SQL and Unix experience
- Basic knowledge of microservices
- Willingness to learn new technologies, languages
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. CME Group complies with federal, state and local laws with respect to providing accommodations for individuals who are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical condition or religious belief.