Software Engineer II- Front End Clearing team
The Software Engineer II engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
This position is responsible for developing and supporting a wide variety of systems related to our Clearing business. The person in this role will work directly with our business users as well as other team members including software engineers and infrastructure engineers to provide first class software applications and support. Furthermore, our applications are highly performant systems requiring low latency and high throughput within a distributed computing environment, where the candidate will have a chance to both build and demonstrate advanced technical skills.
The candidate must be comfortable working independently and as part of a collaborative team. In this role you will be presented with the daily challenges associated with building and supporting custom financial business software to a demanding customer base. A positive attitude and willingness to learn about our systems and customer requirements are essential. The candidate must be an adept problem solver who goes beyond the obvious to investigate issues, ensure that the root cause is understood, and develop and implement effective, long-term solutions.
Essential roles and responsibilities
- Develop applications and processes that improve production performance and/or automate manual tasks
- Contribute to the success of the team through collaboration, connectivity, and the ability to inspect and adapt to changes
- Help uncover production issues by identifying, defining, and adding monitoring, tracing capability, metric collection, and reporting to systems
- Strong ability to debug software including identification and implementation of performance improvements
- Decipher existing code bases to scope, design and implement fixes to systems for both planned deployments as well as emergency changes
- Exposure to parallel execution including distributed computing and multithreading
- Experience in design and development of object oriented Java web and batch applications
- Knowledge and experience in modern web development with Java, React, Spring, Flyway, UC4, and Oracle database
- Knowledge and experience in integrating various backend systems to support a business workflow
- Knowledge and experience in CI/CD tools Chef, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.