- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Technology Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
- Facilitating problem solving and collaboration.
- Helping to ensure group wide discussions and assisting with the decision making process to bring issue to closure.
- Producing updates and reports on all issues and activities to management.
- Serve as a liaison between IT and upper management in implementing procedural changes, software/hardware standards and standard operating procedures.
- Produce well written technical and business documentation, such as project plans and communications
- Providing technical support in a Windows 10 environment (Mac optional).
- Providing business support / technical assistance to Moody's associates both local and remote in the use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, VPN software and various proprietary applications.
- Planning and participating in implementation, migration, and preliminary troubleshooting of the PC/LAN environment.
- Configuring, installing, supporting, troubleshooting and repairing client workstations, printers, mobile devices, audio, video and office equipment.
- Coordinating support and requests with other support levels and vendors.
- Recognizing problem areas, developing pro-active solutions and complying with IT operational performance metrics and Service Level Agreements.
- Assisting other members of technical staff with installation and support issues when requested.
- Providing timely follow-up to users and management on all support issues by ensuring that all phases of desktop support, including installations, upgrades, software, hardware, operating systems, and operating system configuration issues, are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved.
- Soliciting feedback from the business lines and individual users in order to improve service levels and customer satisfaction.
- Reporting on root-cause analysis where there have been significant problems - explaining what happened, why and what preventative measures have been put in place to avoid a repeat.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Role exposed to heavy customer interaction. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
Required Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- Bachelor's \\ Master's Degree is preferred.
- 5 years' experience working on Server, Desktop and\\or Help Desk support
MCSE is highly desirable
Knowledge of ITIL®.
- A good understanding of Moody's business and overall IT operations.
- The ability or the potential to take on higher level responsibilities.
- Demonstrated group leadership and the willingness to take on leadership roles.
- Must be perceived as a team player and a positive contributor by his peers.
- Demonstrated willingness to go beyond the normal job requirements.
- Demonstrated interest and engagement in infrastructure projects and QA testing
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders and end users to facilitate feedback and partnering on deliverables
- Ability to execute support and engagement from junior staff to senior management with a focus on delivery and service improvement.
- The ability to complete all tasks and projects in a timely manner
- The ability to complete assigned calls effectively and efficiently within the established SLA time period
- Demonstrated responsibility and ownership of his/her business units
- The ability to conduct themselves in a mature and professional manner towards clients and co-workers (accountability, use of good judgment, provide proper follow-up)
- Good organizational skills and excellent demonstrated troubleshooting and crisis management abilities.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with business users at all levels in the organization.
- Known as a motivated team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) 2013 and 2016.
- Comfortable with imaging software such as SCCM\\PXE, familiarity with windows installer and desktop management suites such as SCCM.
- Knowledge with mobile technology including Android and iOS
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.