Senior Systems Engineer- Container Specialist
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
ETPA (Enterprise Technology Production Assurance) is a very advanced and dedicated team with talented people with a diverse skillset. The ETPA Systems Engineer combines traditional systems admin skills along with advanced support, automation, and troubleshooting skills to enable rapid resolution of critical issues with CME Group's Trading, Clearing, and Regulatory systems.
This Senior Systems Engineer - ETPA will be primarily responsible for the configuration and support of container based, Kubernetes managed applications and clusters. The candidate must have good working knowledge of application deployment, configuration methodologies, micro-service management tools. The individual will align with the development teams and work closely with the security and infrastructure teams, to ensure the applications are built securely, optimally, and reliably, with automation and standards always in mind. Good communication skills are required as the candidate works with internal and external customers for support and new initiatives.
• Works closely with our Technical Operations and Business Operations teams on critical issues by evaluating the problem, proposing and implementing resolutions, and partnering with other teams (DBAs, Networking, Development, etc) as needed for the resolution.
• Solves problems creatively and communicate effectively.
• Deploys in-house and 3rd party applications with a keen focus on automation and hardening.
• Automates manual processes via scripting and/or tools.
• Identifies and resolves performance issues and bottlenecks.
• Collaborates with our Global Information Security team to provide secure solutions.
• Operates as an outstanding team player, works well with others, and excels in collaborating .
• Ability to provide effective and timely solutions in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking and attention to detail is critical.
• A strong desire to develop skills and continue to grow and learn new technology.
• Ability to be self-motivated, capable of managing time well, and works efficiently without close supervision in a very dynamic environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
• In-depth Linux/Unix system administrator experience where the individual has had root access in a large (10,000+ servers) critical production environment.
• Strong Kubernetes experience in provisioning and managing clusters on-premise.
• Experience with Helm charts a strong plus.
• Istio experience provisioning and managing a strong plus.
• Strong scripting skills in languages such as Shell, Python, Golang, etc
• Experience and good working knowledge with Jenkins, Ansible and chef.
• Experience working within DevSecOps architecture with Continuous Integration and Continues Delivery solutions.
• In-depth understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems and networking. Must understand TCP/IP, routing, interfaces, etc in a Unix environment.
• Experience working in an Cloud environment, supporting applications and deployments
• Ability to provide effective and timely solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelors Degree: Information Technology (Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical and Computer Engineering)