Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Development
Do you want to have an exciting and rewarding career in financial services domain? Come be a part of an agile team that delivers world-class innovative solutions to Fitch Solutions customers.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptionally talented, bright and driven team, and apply your skills in novel ways. And you will have fun doing it! Our technology stack is modern - cloud based, containerized, serverless and microservices oriented.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to play a key role in full-stack application development, developing customer-facing applications for our premium product platforms. The ideal candidate should bring along extensive test-driven development experience and play a key role in implementing tools and processes that aim to improve the quality of our end-to-end code while creating a more efficient and sustainable workflow for our applications. Key responsibilities:
• Demonstrate proficiency in full-stack technologies for enterprise-scale applications with focus on data processing for web applications, API and feeds.
• Work as part of an agile team in design, development, debugging, and deployment efforts while addressing security, cross-browser and cross-platform expectations and concerns.
• Recommend, create and maintain software engineering best practices and guidelines to be used across various applications.
• Maintain and enhance microservice-based components for the application suite.
• Write automated unit, integration, performance and visual regression test cases.
• Integrate test case execution with the CI/CD pipeline to better align with the DevSecOps strategy.
• Promote, implement, and evolve development best practices especially on commits, versioning and dependency management. Experience and Skills:
• 5+ years of experience designing and developing distributed application architecture of moderate-to-high complexity.
• 5+ years of experience with Java and associated open source technologies, such as Spring Boot.
• 2+ years of experience designing and developing scalable web application using modern front-end frameworks such as React/Vue.
• Experience in creating modern applications using Microservices based architecture, APIs and data feeds.
• Experience in modern package management, build and test frameworks (e.g. NPM, Yarn, Webpack, Jest, Enzyme, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, Wraith).
• Experience with build and deployment pipelines
• Design and development experience with database technologies, including SQL and NoSQL.
• Experience working in high-performance teams using Agile methodologies.
• Experience working in teams with a heavy emphasis on Security, Automation and Quality (DevSecOps).
• Passion for emerging technologies and innovation.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Preferred:
• Exposure to AWS services, especially MKS (Kafka), S3, CloudFront, RDS, Kinesis and SNS/SQS
• Exposure to containerization and container orchestration, e.g., Docker and Kubernetes
• Exposure to Atlassian toolkits such as Bamboo, BitBucket, JIRA and Confluence
• Exposure to Micro Front End development, especially single-spa.js
• Exposure to the financial industry domain
• Exposure to Spring Cloud Data Flow and Kafka
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.