Senior Software Engineer, Front End
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey. Department Overview:
The Chicago Application Development team is responsible for developing both internal and customer facing products for our ratings business, supporting various strategic, regulatory and operational objectives. We are seeking a forward-thinking Senior Software Engineer to play a key role in implementing interactive visual design and UI components across multiple products, including new customer facing applications, our public facing website, and other internal/external applications. The ideal candidate should bring along extensive test-driven development experience and subject matter expertise in frameworks and tools that aim to improve the quality of our front-end code while creating a more efficient and sustainable workflow for our websites and applications. Key responsibilities:
• Provide technical expertise in front-end technologies for enterprise-scale websites and applications.
• Understand the importance of design and UX, provide effective translation to code artifacts and implement appropriate integration approach for API / data layer.
• Participate in architecture, design, documentation, development, debugging, and deployment efforts while addressing security, cross-browser and cross-platform expectations and concerns.
• Recommend, define, create and maintain Design System including Visual Style Guide to be used across various web applications.
• Write automated unit, integration, performance and visual regression test cases.
• Promote, implement, and evolve development best practices especially on commits, versioning and dependency management. Experience and Skills:
• 3+ years of experience designing and developing front-end applications or websites of moderate-to-high complexity.
• 2+ years of experience in HTML5, CSS3, CSS preprocessors such as SCSS and "CSS in JS" libraries such as Styled Components.
• Experience in modern package management, build and test frameworks (e.g. NPM, Yarn, Webpack, Jest, Enzyme, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, Wraith).
• Experience with automated regression testing and cross browser compatibility best practices.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment.
• Experience working in teams with a heavy emphasis on Security, Automation and Quality (DevSecOps).
• Experience in GraphQL schema design, implementation and client-side usage, preferably using Apollo.
• Experience in creating modern websites using JAMStack architecture, preferably with Contentful, Gatsby and React.
• Experience with adaptive, responsive, fluid designs and progressive web apps for desktop and mobile access.
• Familiarity with website taxonomy, sitemap and SEO best practices.
• Familiarity with website analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, with experience in analyzing the results.
• Passion for emerging technologies and innovation.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Nice to Have:
• Exposure to AWS infrastructure - EC2 instances, S3 storage, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudFormation and Networking (VPC, subnets, security groups) etc.
• Exposure to Docker-based containerization of web components.
• Exposure to Atlassian toolkits such as Bamboo, BitBucket, JIRA and Confluence.
• Experience in using NGINX / Apache web servers in a container environment.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.