Senior Software Engineer, CMS
Do you want to have an exciting and rewarding career in financial services domain? Come be a part of an agile team that delivers world-class innovative solutions to Fitch Group customers.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptionally talented, bright and driven team, and apply your skills in novel ways. And you will have fun doing it! Our technology stack is modern - cloud based, containerized, serverless and microservices oriented.
We are seeking a Senior Developer with expertise in content management systems (CMS) to play a key role in a full-stack application development team, developing websites or content publishing applications. The ideal candidate should bring along extensive experience in Drupal, creating content models for websites, and development of well-organized and tested front-end code. The person should also have good experience with Drupal build and deployment practices and would be able to establish best practices in this area. This role requires working collaboratively on a team with content strategists, designers, developers and product owners. Experienced with headless CMS and content as a service platforms would be a plus. Key responsibilities:
• Writing and debugging back-end code for Drupal, including:
o Drupal's key APIs
o Custom module writing, converting, and editing for Drupal 7, 8, 9
• Working with advanced Drupal 8 tools such as Drush, Composer, Configuration Management, Plugins, Services, etc.
• Drupal 8 site-building tasks, including:
o Enabling and configuring modules
o Settings, configurations, views, menus, view modes
• Managing a local development environment and working with command line tools
• Assisting as needed with content modelling and architecting solutions
• Attending scheduled agile ceremonies
• Collaborating, planning, and completing development tasks
• Peer reviewing co-worker code changes
• Assisting with back-end performance assessments and improvements
• Working in a collaborative development team
• Providing insights to help improve Drupal expertise of co-workers Experience and Skills
• Professional code or other examples of systems they've designed or implemented relevant to enterprise CMS development.
• Knowledge of Drupal coding best practices and security standards.
• Used Git and Gitflow for version control in past professional roles
• Experience with pull request and peer review workflow
• Familiarity working within an agile workflow and project ticketing systems
• Has a well-rounded understanding of Drupal-adjunct technologies such as the LAMP platform, and Drupal theming.
• Ability to plan, run, and write automated tests with tools such as PHPUnit or Nightwatch
• Strong written and verbal professional communication skills
• Has a professional, collaborative, and proactive approach to people and problems
• The ability to use the following skills on a daily basis: friendliness, judgment, empowerment, respect, integrity, tact, and honesty
• A discerning, critical mindset that avoids cynicism
• Team player with proven ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
• Self-directed: able to work independently and within a virtual team, and consistently manage your own time and tasks Preferred:
• Been an active member of an open-source web community.
• DevOps knowledge
• Knowledge of Docker-based development environments
• Familiarity with accessibility best-practices
• Familiarity with developer tools available in modern browsers
• Familiarity with managed hosting services and deployment tools
• Been an active member of an open-source web community.
• Familiarity with headless CMS or content as a service platforms.
• Worked with large teams, 5+ people, on large projects from start to finish.
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.