Senior Software Engineer - Electronic Trading
- Base plus bonus
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 01 Oct 18
In this role, you will be part of a talented and open-minded software team that works on our electronic trading platform. Inside of our electronic trading platform there are real time trade feeds alongside our order and execution management subsystems. The role involves all phases of the software development lifecycle – from suggesting the use of emerging technologies to designing, integrating, testing and upgrading complex architecture.
Current Strategic Pursuits
- Build out a suite of public API’s for order entry.
- Contribute to architectural design and systematic refactoring to achieve better throughput and scale.
- Enhance our compliance offering leveraging connectivity to our PMS.
- Start our web and mobile strategy build out.
- Revamp of our client-side order entry system to handle large volume clients.
- Add new functionality leveraging real time market data connectivity.
Who We Need
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Preferred 3 - 7 years of experience in software development, bonus if electronic trading environment.
- Excellent coding skills in Java is a MUST
- Comfort with SQL and database concepts
- Experienced with:
- FIX protocol
- Java SE and concurrency
- JMS or some other messaging bus
- J-Unit, JMockit or other Testing frameworks
- Responsive GUI development
- Excellent real time troubleshooting and problem-solving skills