The Senior Software Engineer engineers build secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with minimal mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
Senior Software Engineer role is responsible for working with a team of technology engineers in Trade execution
and contributing to development efforts for application development and help build the supporting platforms that advances in CME's electronic trading platform Principal Accountabilities:
- This individual is responsible for developing projects for systems that must achieve a unique blend of performant application, Large data handling, Supporting backend for UI application meeting the required SLA and facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, rock-solid reliability and integrity and handle real-time performant system, all while undergoing rapid release cycles
- Utilize an understanding of CME Group's business and industry knowledge to enhance the usability and quality of the application(s) being developed
- Strong Objected Oriented Design and Programming experience and strong hold on Java and Scala with experience in Spring (Spring Core, Spring JDBC, Spring MVC) and Hibernate & REST web service
- Experience with relational database (MS SQL or Oracle) , SQL and Cassandra
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, shell scripts and Kafka
- Participates in design discussions and helping to create architecture/design artifacts
- Participates in code reviews and helps with environment build deployments
- Masters, Bachelor or equivalent Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years of software development experience required in Java. Knowledge of Scala will be an added advantage
- Proficient in SQL knowledge, oracle, Cassandra & database modeling nice to have
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment.
- Experience in working with remote teams, different time zones, and consultants
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. CME Group complies with federal, state and local laws with respect to providing accommodations for individuals who are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical condition or religious belief.