Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Chicago - 125 S Franklin/en-US/careers/job/Chicago---125-S-Franklin/Sr-Site-Reliability-Engineer_REQ-1790/apply Summary
Support the availability and performance of the next generation of OCCs clearing and risk applications. Enhance system reliability and developer productivity through automation. Provide guidance to development teams in the areas of cloud technologies, application profiling and monitoring, logging, metrics collection and analysis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with development, operations and infrastructure teams to ensure availability of services, and to work through implementation issues.
- Develop automation for incident response and to prevent problem recurrence
- Create and enhance runbooks to respond to service outages or degradations
- Assess the production readiness of services
- Define and track operational metrics for production performance, reliability, scalability and availability
- Architect, develop and maintain shared services and tools to improve reliability and reduce toil across the organization
- Contribute to the teams continuous improvement through research, retrospectives, discussion groups and code reviews
- Provide leadership within the team by guiding and mentoring junior members, and preparing stories for the sprint backlog
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology
- Able to succeed in fast-paced environment with frequent changes
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong documentation skills
- Analytical problem-solving approach
- Self-starter takes the initiative to research, learn and deliver. Anticipates the play.
- Team player humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience managing infrastructure in public cloud environments like AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP
- Experience providing visibility using monitoring and alerting tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Datadog, StackDriver, Sysdig, Prometheus or Grafana
- Programming/scripting experience in languages like Java, Bash, Python or Go
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ, or ActiveMQ
- Experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm or Rancher
- Experience with using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Travis, Harness, Appveyor, CodeBuild or CodePipeline.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Bachelors or Masters Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering / DevOps
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about , please click .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted YesterdayFull timeREQ-1790
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a Derivatives Clearing Organization. Named 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year - The Americas by FOW Magazine and 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year by Global Investor/ISF Magazine, OCC now provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 20 exchanges and trading platforms for options, financial futures, security futures, and securities lending transactions. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.