Senior Project Manager, Capital Markets
Sr. Project Manager, Capital Markets PMO New Hot 📅 77710 Requisition # 📅 6 days ago Post Date
Position Summary: Responsible for managing a large or complex portfolio of projects on behalf of the Capital Markets Project Management Office. The Project Management Office (PMO) helps manage and prioritize a portfolio of key initiatives on behalf of stakeholders resulting in monitoring projects or programs against larger capital targets, managing the demand & supply for project resource requests resulting in reallocating or deploying more resources, and addressing the sequencing of work as needed.
- Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and / or business knowledge and functional expertise
- Focus of role is on execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
About Northern Trust:
- Minimum 5+ years of project management experience required
- Minimum 5+ years of capital markets technical and business knowledge required
- Certified Project Management Professional preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine the Business Unit's goals, resources needed, and to assess and develop the skills of staff
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands. We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.