Senior Portfolio Management Assistant
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role, you will provide operational, analytical and general administrative support to a team of equity portfolio managers.
This is a great opportunity for someone with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with multiple teams at multiple levels to take the next step in their career. You will have direct and regular interaction with Fund Managers and would be a good opportunity for someone with an Operations background in Asset Management looking to transition into a Front Office environment. Responsibilities
We're looking for a detail-oriented problem solver to join our team of Portfolio Management Assistants. The person who will be successful in this role will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, takes initiative, is a continuous learner, and is able to prioritize tasks for themselves and others. What you'll do:
What you'll like about the role:
- Work closely with several portfolio management teams to support the foundational aspects of portfolio construction and implementation, including monitoring portfolio cash and holdings, accurately entering equity trade orders into investment systems, providing daily, monthly, and quarterly portfolio reporting and ensuring that portfolios comply with client guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Act as the primary point of contact between portfolio management teams and internal business partners (Compliance, Operations, Technology, etc.).
- Troubleshoot issues, lead portfolio management teams through operational and technological changes and participate in platform implementation activity.
- Provide basic administrative support for portfolio management activities, including travel arrangements, expense reporting and scheduling meetings.
- Conduct foundational investment research and create analysis/reporting to support the investment management process.
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will...
- Opportunity to gain exposure to equity investing or other aspects of the asset management business
- Making an impactful contribution to the success of the team and helping clients to achieve their investment goals
- An organization with steadfast commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A working climate that values and supports different perspectives and culture
About Our Company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with multiple teams at multiple levels
- Interest in learning more about financial markets, the asset management business and leadership competencies
- Technological aptitude with Microsoft Office, an interest in programming languages and an ability to quickly learn specialized investment systems
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness, and a cooperative can-do attitude
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.