Senior Network Engineer
- $100000 - $400000 per annum
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 03 Jan 18 2018-01-03
Network Engineer Chicago, IL Low Latency Scripting Multicast
Or client is a top tier, high frequency trading firm based in Chicago. They are market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe and have over 500 employees globally.
They are seeking to add a Network Engineer to their Trading Infrastucture Team. The ideal candidate will have prior Network Engineering experience designing, implementing and supporting the WAN, LANs and all low-latency connectivity to trading venues. The idea candidate will aslo have completed a bachelor's degree from a top school as well as ties to the Chicago, IL area.
- Liaise with external vendors, exchanges and providers to explore new technology solutions, implement new services or troubleshoot problems.
- Accurately create and maintain documentation detailing the implemented network components, as well as relevant procedures and other documentation.
- Responsibility for our IT security related platforms. Key areas include Palo Alto firewalls, Juniper MAG SSL gateways, VPNs, Security policies, etc.
- Design, implement and support the European networking infrastructure. Key areas include Low-latency networking, Unicast and Multicast routing, OSPF, BGP, PIM SM, as well as things like QoS, STP, NAT, protocol tuning, etc.
- Proactively improve our infrastructure by contributing scripts and code to our automation efforts (e.g. Bash, Python).
- Monitor, guard and analyze the proper functioning of our network infrastructure. Take adaptive, retentive and corrective measures and perform structural maintenance.
Please apply directly for more information