Senior Manager, Banking & Commercial Lending
311 West Monroe Street, 14th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients. We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values. Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is currently seeking a Senior Manager with Commercial Lending and Consulting expertise in the Financial Services industry to join our National Banking Practice. As many banks who have survived the worst of the financial crisis look to position themselves for growth and prosperity in a new banking landscape, there are many exciting opportunities to work with new and existing clients on strategy, transformation, and delivery engagements. With consolidation, regulation, technology advances and significant market-level change, this role is well positioned for engagements spanning business, technology, and management consulting services. The role will involve applying personal and corporate knowledge and experience to tailor solutions and build partnerships helping our clients gain competitive advantage in their markets. You will help business and technology executives solve key problems within the financial services industry, mentor junior consultants, while building the practice and your career at one of the best places to work in New York.
What will you be doing?
There are three main areas of responsibility for our Senior Managers:
· Serve as Engagement Account Manager for several key Clients with overall responsibility for client project delivery and account growth
· Facilitate and lead Client and West Monroe Resources on large scale, transformative initiatives
· Communicate and report project status to C-level executives and management, including budget, risks, and general business issues
· Effectively manage project budget, Client billing, and subcontractor expenses
· Analyze each Client’s business needs in order to identify the underlying problems and recommend optimal solutions
· Document clear and concise business / functional requirements and acceptance criteria
· Quickly respond to Client issues while also being able to effectively drive projects to timely and successful completion
· Review project deliverables to ensure quality and consistency of project team output
· Understand the underlying technologies being used on a project to be able to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement a technology enabled solution
· On larger engagements, be able to work with larger management teams and determine independencies between the WMP project and other initiatives
· On smaller engagements, be able to work hands on in creating deliverables which could include strategy, design, development, application testing, and the delivery of training
· Facilitate effective change management programs within client organizations including creating and administering communication plans to ensure overall system usability and adoption
· Actively lead and participate in business development with prospective Clients including solution definition, proposal development, pre-sale Client meetings, estimation, pricing, negotiation, project planning, and development of statements of work all to achieve revenue generation goals at the Senior Manager level
· Present at industry conferences and effectively network to develop a robust pipeline of prospect Client opportunities
· Publish white papers, blogs, and actively participate in industry groups to establish WMP as an industry leading consulting service provider in Commercial Lending
· Actively partner with Business Developers and other WMP solution areas to develop and present impactful solution offerings for prospective Clients
· Drive the sales process of identifying and closing new opportunities with existing Clients
· Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local, regional, and national financial services community
Foster and broaden professional relationships and opportunities with alliance partners
· Manage and mentor consultants in the effective delivery of impactful solutions to financial services organizations
· Participate actively in the consultant recruiting and performance management processes
· Train consultants within the Banking and Customer Experience practices to be knowledgeable of Commercial Lending terminology, processes, and key performance indicators
· Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies and approaches to financial services Client delivery
· Develop solutions specifically designed to address the needs of financial services firms engaged in Commercial Lending
· Lending Skills and Experience:
· Industry experience in one or more of the following segments: Commercial Lending / Leasing, Small Business Administration (SBA) Lending, Equipment Finance, Alternative Business Lending, Consumer Lending / Leasing, Mortgage / Home Equity, Commercial Banking
· Solutions experience in one or more of the following Commercial Lending areas: Business Process Optimization, Credit & Portfolio Analytics, Commercial Loan Product, Commercial Lending Sales Process, Loan / Lease Origination Systems, Loan Servicing, Risk Management
· Experience with one or more of the following Competencies: Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Business Architecture, Business Process Mapping, Business Requirements Development / Gap Analysis, Business Strategy Development and Execution, Change Management, Digitization / Imaging, Program / Project Management (PMO), Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC)
· Experience, System Implementation / Integration, Testing, Training, Use Case Methodology (Waterfall, Agile), Vendor Analysis / Selection
Experience with industry-leading Core Loan Accounting Systems including Fidelity, Fiserv, and/or Jack Henry
· Experience with industry-leading Commercial Loan Origination Systems (LOS’) including nCino, Capitalstream, CreditQuest, WebEquity, and/or Sageworks
Experience with industry-leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Oracle, etc.
· Experience leading Financial Services Firms through transformational change initiatives, including Mergers and Acquisitions, Core Conversions, and/or Ancillary System Implementations and Integrations
· Experience in one or more of the following roles involved in the lifecycle stages of a commercial line/loan:
· Relationship Manager / Loan Officer – Sales, Qualification, and Structuring
· Credit Analyst / Underwriter – Underwriting, Due Diligence
· Credit Officer – Credit Review, Approval
· Loan Closer – Loan Documentation, Closing, Boarding
· Portfolio Manager / Servicer – Portfolio Management
· Risk Manager – Credit Risk / Capital Management
· Commercial credit qualification or commercial credit training
What you need to bring to the table
· BS in Accounting, Finance, OR Equivalent experience required
· At least 8+ combined years of Financial Services industry and professional services consulting experience including Client delivery
· Commercial Lending experience within the Financial Services industry is required
· Strong entrepreneurial spirit, having a desire to lead business development for the National Banking Practice and help build the Banking Practice from the ground up
· Must have experience managing a variety of teams, including small engagements as well as large initiatives
· Must have experience estimating project work effort, cost, and identifying and mitigating project risks
· Must have experience effectively leading organizations or teams through change
· Must have recent experience or proficiency with financial services industry projects and have “been there, done that” confidence regarding capability to deliver value to Clients
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
· Candidates must be eligible to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
Strong communication skills to be able to work with Client representatives at all levels, including presenting to C-level executives
A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.