Senior Manager, Asset Management,Development
The Senior Manager, Strategy and Product Development, will be a key member of the CSIM Strategy and Product Development team involved in the ongoing analysis and development of high priority and innovative investment products – mutual funds, money market funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and separately managed accounts – and concepts. This will be done through developing and maintaining an understanding of strategic issues and product and distribution industry trends, and collaborating closely with multiple partner organizations across Schwab. This person will be expected to simultaneously be involved in multiple projects, and will be involved in projects from the brainstorming phase and strategy assessment through implementation and execution.
What youre good at
This individual will be engaged in:
- Executing CSIM’s business and product strategy as well as product development activities.
- Developing, maintaining and reporting on strategic issues and investment product and distribution industry trends.
- Supporting improvement of operational efficiencies across CSIM throughout strategy and product development activities.
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional CSIM teams and multiple partner organizations across Schwab.
What you have
- Ideally, a minimum of 7 years’ experience within the asset management industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Product Strategy or Product Development role within the asset management industry – with a focus on Mutual Funds, Money Market Funds, ETF’s and/or Separately Management Accounts.
- Detailed knowledge of the investment management industry and major investment product trends for both investment managers and distributors.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of investment industry data into the limited number of product development opportunities and product re-design needs most meaningful to Schwab, CSIM and our clients.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Outstanding analytic strength, high attention to detail and interpersonal skills, including written (including presentation decks) and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast paced work environment.
- Natural ability to establish relationships, both with industry participants and consultants outside of Schwab, and with the business units, product management and product development groups within Schwab.
- Passion for serving clients and for the investment management industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, CFA or other advanced degree is a plus.