Senior Manager, Lifesciences
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
WMP is looking for a Senior Consulting Manager with a passion for innovation to join our rapidly expanding Life Sciences team. The WMP Life Sciences team helps companies innovate in the digitally enabled patient-centric healthcare ecosystem that links patients, providers, payers, and life sciences companies.
- Lead cross-functional teams (e.g., medical affairs, market access, sales, HEOR) on how to best apply digital transformation to improve the patient experience and create business value
- Define the strategic opportunities and challenges that can be addressed via new digital capabilities (e.g., digital therapeutics (software-as-a-medical device) and wearables)
- Develop detailed digital roadmaps and strategies for multiple therapeutic areas and global initiatives. Be comfortable presenting these concepts to senior executive leadership and gaining their buy-in to move forward
- Demonstrate an understanding of the regulatory landscape and the implications for a patient-and-provider centric strategy
- Assess the rapidly changing digital health technology landscape to keep track of key developments, innovative ideas, trends, and technologies that can provide life science companies the opportunity to enhance the impact of their therapies and/or avoid disintermediation
- Possess a deep understanding of the healthcare ecosystem (payer, provider, life sciences) alongside knowledge of the digital technology and partnership landscape
- Be recognized as a trusted advisor for patient-and-provider digital health solutions with both internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as the industry expert and delivery lead on projects
- Establish role as central point of contact with engagement directors and client stakeholders to communicate project status, metrics as well as mitigate risk
- Address client requests for critical issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
- Be able to identify interdependencies and collaboration opportunities across WMP
- Grow and lead a team in the design and development of WMP’s patient-and-provider centric digital health solutions
- Identify team strengths and issues; mentor and provide guidance to build next generation of leaders
- Participate actively in the recruiting process for other consultants
- Coach and mentor other consultants to develop the next generation of leaders
- Drive the enhancement of WMP's methodologies and approaches to client delivery; participate in thought leadership
- Assist with business development initiatives, which include creating work plans, pricing estimates and assessing risk for future prospects
- Contribute ideas and expertise for go-to-market strategy; help execute business development campaigns
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
- Establish account management relationships with key client decision makers
- High output. No drama.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement. Demonstrated consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Minimum of 10 years of consulting experience in the life sciences industry or a mix of few years of life sciences industry experience coupled with the balance of years functioning as a Senior Manager in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated capabilities in digital solutions and the use of digital technologies to transform business models and provide new customer value-producing capabilities
- Must have led large-scale digital product development initiatives from inception through launch
- Familiarity with Agile / SCRUM methodologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including experience and comfort presenting concepts to senior executives
- Ability to communicate the technical possibilities and limitations of technology to non-technical colleagues
- Passion for understanding emerging technologies with pragmatic insight into where those technologies can be integrated into business solutions
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Live within commuting distance to one of West Monroe’s consulting offices
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.