Our client offers residential and commercial property insurance programs in coastal areas, focusing on competitive pricing, innovative products, and fast and professional claims service. They are growing immensely and seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to take lead of this new department. This role will carry out the company’s internal audit function by providing assurance of compliance with external regulators, carriers and capital providers; examining fiduciary and financial accounting functions; and analyzing and providing feedback on internal controls and risk management initiatives.
- Conduct risk-based audit activities designed to identify business risks and evaluate the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes.
- Provide a point of escalation for issues identified through fieldwork.
- Compile and deliver audit reports for review by management; outline deficiencies in controls, errors identified and non-compliance; and provide appropriate feedback.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with business unit leaders and members, as well as the management team.
- Identify inefficiencies within operations and consult with business units to implement efficient and effective processes and procedures.
- Promote compliance with the company’s ERM structure.
- Participate in special projects and investigations as needed.
- Perform fieldwork activities, including inquiry of employees, inspection of audit evidence and reperformance, and observation of controls.
- Collaborate with business units to perform audit testing and consult with leaders on process enhancements.
- Financial services industry experience with insurance knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in an audit, compliance or accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a focus in accounting, finance or economics
- Knowledge of risks and internal controls
- Strategic and objective outlook with audit approach
- Ability to work with multiple levels of management and employees within an organization
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner or Certified Anti-Money Laundry Specialist (preferred)