Senior IT Manager
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Ryan Specialty Group
- 24 Jul 18 2018-07-24
The IT Technical Manager will be responsible for maintaining the performance of RSG’s MGA/MGU Agency management system, while holding accountability for escalation of system related needs and managing internal customer relationships.  This position will also provide guidance and direction to junior members of the IT team, providing managerial support of behalf of the team’s Director
Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is an international specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for brokers, agents and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty (RT), and a collection of managing general underwriting companies within RSG Underwriting Managers (RSGUM). RSG was founded by Mr. Patrick G. Ryan, the retired Chairman and CEO of Aon Corporation. A highly regarded insurance veteran, Mr. Ryan saw the need for a specialty organization devoted exclusively to creating sophisticated insurance and risk management solutions for a select group of hard-to-place risks. With its mission of delivering measurable value, RSG is committed to providing specialty insurance services, proven leadership, outstanding industry experience and quality services in all of our exchanges with retail agents and brokers, and insurance carriers worldwide.
Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is a global specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for agents, brokers, and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty, and a collection of managing general underwriting companies, RSG Underwriting Managers. RSGUM is looking for a Senior IT Manager to join our corporate office in Chicago, IL. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in developing their insurance career.
The IT Technical Manager will be responsible for maintaining the performance of RSG’s MGA/MGU Agency management system, while holding accountability for escalation of system related needs and managing internal customer relationships. This position will also provide guidance and direction to junior members of the IT team, providing managerial support of behalf of the team’s Director.
- Ensures the integrity of the system at all times including data integrity when developing, maintaining or enhancing applications
- Supports relationship and influence management across multiple teams
- Manages the end application user support helpdesk, ensuring proper & timely completion of reported user tickets
- Troubleshoot application errors or applications not operating. In conjunction with users, isolates problems from symptoms, determines solution or alternatives, develops and implements a resolution. If problem is user error, improve user instructions or train for better understanding.
- Reviews performance of applications programs to ensure program efficiency, program documentation, and to ensure that output meets the needs of user departments.
- Must balance multiple overlapping projects of varying scope & scale simultaneously
- Provide guidance and direction to junior team members and teammates.
- Special Projects to be assigned as needed
- 15-25% Travel to our office sites
- 10+ years’ experience in a P&C MGA/MGU business within a comparable position or as an Underwriter or Fiduciary Accounting
- Experience testing and configuring MGA/MGU agency management systems
- Experience integrating systems and ensuring proper flow of data is a must
- BA/BS degree in a technology related field a plus, not required
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer