A career in our Financial Services Enabling Technologies practice, within Industry and Functional Apps services, will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients’ user experience. As part of our team, you’ll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Demonstrates intimate knowledge of; and proven success in roles consulting, designing, implementing and contributing as a functional team member on client consultations related to; assisting clients in the implementation and support of technical solutions and improving business processes, which includes the following:
- Understanding various application based solutions in one or more specific modules, as well as the common Industry issues facing clients;
- Participating in proposal development efforts for client engagement opportunities;
- Consulting, designing, implementing and leading teams.
Demonstrates proven intimate abilities with designing, building, testing and deploying technical solutions across various applications, including assisting with technical efforts that involve the development, design, implementation and support of business processes.
Demonstrates proven intimate abilities and success in roles identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in participating in various phases of business development opportunities and/or engagements, from pre-sale and initial scoping through final delivery and signoff.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in utilization of creative problem-solving abilities and a consistent consultancy mindset while researching problems and/or issues, and developing and offering effective solutions for, clients.
Demonstrates proven intimate ability to develop strategy; as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, which includes whitepapers, studies and client briefings.
Demonstrates proven intimate abilities as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various staff recruitment and retention activities; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.