Senior Documentation Specialist
Sr Documentation Specialist Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Sr-Documentation-Specialist_R210003417/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Supports all sales forces in the opening, maintenance and closing of accounts and services. Directly impacts the banks ability to meet manage risk and regulatory requirements through the timely preparation, review and analysis of treasury management agreements and deposit account documentation. Ensures adherence to all internal and external policies and requirements in order to protect the Bank's assets and minimize losses. Negotiates agreements with internal and external counsel.
- Negotiates directly with clients to make both standard and non-standard modifications to agreement terms.
- Escalates requests when client modifications expose the bank to non-standard/unusual risk.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Resolves questions and issues with sales agreements and account documentations.
- Coordinates the management of documents database; ensures alignment and integration of documents in adherence with BMOs standards.
- Analyzes information and provide insights and recommendations.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Participates in internal and external audits.
- Executes the end-to-end documentation processes for assigned sectors, including the distribution, collection, review and analysis.
- Reviews higher-risk client requests and confirm that proper authorizations have been received.
- Assists with the development, review and implementation of legal documents.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of document management programs.
- Determines type of documents and appropriate actions as per request and establish procedures and processes.
- Reviews documents to verify that forms are correctly completed and required formats are used.
- Executes data entry/processing/tracking to support document management activities.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with team members and stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Understands risks inherent in the operating area and ensures appropriate actions, including accuracy and safeguarding of all documents.
- Follows records retention guidelines and policies for type of documentation, as required.
- Collaborates to establish procedures and processes for document imaging, filing, verification/review, maintenance, etc. as required.
- Participates in the design, development, implementation, and management of core processes.
- Improves operational methods and workflows by identifying, recommending process improvement opportunities.
- Supports change management work to ensure the achievement of anticipated benefits.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Law degree preferred.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) In-depth.
- Time management skills In-depth.
- Prioritization skills In-depth.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted TodayFull timeR210003417 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.