Senior Director/Director - Middle Market
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Ratings seeks a Senior Director/Director with Middle Market expertise to join its Corporates, Business and Relationship Management (BRM) team in New York or Chicago. The candidate will work closely with a senior team of experienced leveraged finance, private debt, direct lending, investment grade and industry-focused business development professionals. The role will have responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships primarily with middle market sponsors/private equity, bankers, arrangers, borrowers, issuers and investors, with the goal to market Fitch Ratings services to them. The Middle Market team will primarily cover unrated companies. The candidate will likely have experience in the Middle Market (origination/sponsor coverage or capital markets) or in Private Debt as an originator or investor.
The principal objective is to generate new Corporate rating mandates through relationship development primarily with sponsors/private equity, bankers or arrangers through consistent, targeted marketing.
• Efforts shall be focused on developing new and enhancing existing relationships with senior PE, arrangers, banking, and investing professionals, ultimately leading to new ratings mandates, revenue opportunities and dialogue across the leverage loan capital markets and private debt market
• Liaise with other BRM colleagues in New York, San Francisco, Chicago (Banker, PE, Issuer and Investor teams)
• Responsible for coordinating research, development, preparation and presentation of marketing messages to external parties highlighting factors which differentiate Fitch and its published ratings and research from the competition
• Oversight for developing pitch books, marketing case studies and content to a specific sector or vertical for an upcoming or prospective meeting
• The middle market team will cover unrated companies and be knowledgeable on both public and private ratings
• Leading or assisting with outreach to unrated middle market issuers
• Creating, coordinating and implementing outreach plans
• Coach and train junior members of the team
• Minimum of 8+ years of experience in the Middle Market in Origination, Sponsor Coverage and/or Capital Markets or in Private Debt as an originator or investor - there is a preference for individuals with a current network of PE, banking and arranger relationships
• Ability to travel as required
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.