Senior Director, Transformation Enablement
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion and diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe has an immediate opportunity for a seasoned leader to join our Operations Excellence practice focusing on our Transformation Enablement offerings – Organizational Change Management and Program/Portfolio Management. This role will focus on delivering transformational and leadership services as well as providing clients with thought-leadership on applying new and proven methods to help clients innovate their business. This leader will be responsible for key client account ownership, scoping, selling, and acting as the engagement lead for large scale planning and execution efforts including organizational alignment, organizational change management, and Program and Transformation Offices. In addition, this leader will help to mature these offerings and play a leadership role within our Operations Excellence practice
Directors within West Monroe have three main responsibilities:
• Lead teams serving clients across industries while demonstrating executive presence with high level client counterparts
• Interface with all levels of business and technology leadership both internally and at client sites
• Work with program and project leadership to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
• Facilitate client workshops focused on project initiation and executive steering meetings
• Understand the underlying business processes and technologies being used within an organization to be able to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
• Ensure proper management of project economics including project budgets, staffing invoicing, and the collection process
• Mentor and manage teams of technical and business consultants and QA the plans and work done by the team
• Quickly respond to client requests while also driving the project to completion
• Ensure the overall strong quality and direct value realization conversations on engagements
• Collaborate with Operations Excellence practice leader and leadership team to further define strategy for and provide leadership across existing Organizational Change Management and Program/Portfolio consulting teams
• Align focus areas with West Monroe strategy and Liaison guidance
• Direct the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies and approaches to client delivery
• Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance management process
• Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
• Hunt for new strategic clients – using relationships and other proven business development skills to find new OpEx and West Monroe clients
• Initiate and lead business development meetings with prospective clients
• Understand investment needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
• Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
• Attend networking events and actively build and leverage a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
• Engage and mentor consultants in our business development processes and business practices
• Minimum of 15-18 years participating in team-based, client-facing business and technology consulting services
• Minimum of 15 years of managing complex business transformation projects/teams
• Must have led a relevant consulting group or practice, such as Organizational Change Management, PMO or Business Transformation
• 10+ years’ experience managing teams of technical and functional experts; as well as prior hands-on experience with large scales business and technology initiatives
• Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff with timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
• Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
• Experience farming new business from existing clients and managing client relationships
• Experience hunting for new business from new potential clients
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
• Strong business development and an active professional network of contacts in the local market
• Membership and visibility in relevant professional organizations
• Industry expertise in Utilities, Financial Services or Consumer & Industrial Products is ideal but not required
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; and in-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and software development life cycles
• Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to travel a minimum of 50%+ is required
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.