Advancing global markets
starts with great people.
Join the largest (and only) exchange operator in the Fortune 500.
"Our people, who are our greatest
asset, make what we do possible."
- Jeffrey Sprecher, CEO
Help transform markets anywhere around the globe.
☰ Senior Developer 20000617 Requisition # 2 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts
ICE Clear Credit, Inc., a subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange Inc., is looking for a Senior Developer in their Chicago, IL office. The will help us architect and build our next generation services for financial markets. In addition to having experience building full stack web applications, the candidate should have excellent communication skills. Intercontinental Exchange is a fast moving environment that values concise and effective communication. The candidate must also be a team player that can work independently, escalating issues when appropriate. Our fluid team works well together and can take constructive criticism in the spirit of improving software quality. This person will be involved in all aspects of software development, from architecture to design, coding, testing, and performance tuning. This is a very hands-on role where you will have immediate impact on our current development projects and play a leadership role in taking our architecture to the next level. Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Work with other teams to understand business and technical requirements and come up with meaningful solutions
- Lead systems analysis, design, development, quality assurance and integration of server applications
- Develop detailed design specifications including interface to backend server and service modules
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Remain current with the latest technology and business topic
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Must have 5+ years of work experience in a Software Development role, 5+ in a Senior Java role
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from business and technical staff both internal and external to the company
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment and deliver quality software to production within tight schedules
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and timelines
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed in performing responsibilities
- 5+ years of developing large scale enterprise applications using Java
- 5+ years using modern frameworks such as Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Camel, etc
- 5+ years using database development concepts (SQL, PL/SQL, views, etc.)
- Experience with Microservice/SOA based architecture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with load/performance testing
- Experience developing distributed, High-Performance, Resilient Architecture
- Experience using one or more of the following: JMS, REST, WebSockets, Kafka, Redis
- 2+ years of experience at a financial institution (major bank, hedge fund, prop shop) in their financial markets technology departments
- Experience with CDS Market
- Experience with modern UI frameworks such as ReactJs, AngularJs, NodeJs
- Experience with NoSQL and big data
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status. Additional Information
- Job Type: Standard
- Schedule: Full-time
Previous Job Searches My Profile
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
United States, IL, Chicago
Requisition #: 19001229
United States, IL, Chicago
Requisition #: 20000437
© Intercontinental Exchange. All rights reserved. Follow Us: 0 0