Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Security Protection Officer Job Location US-IL-Chicago Posted Date 3 days ago(10/11/2019 1:04 PM) ID 2019-5347 # of Openings 1
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
CIBC works to help you make your ambitions a reality with a team that is committed to being always professional, genuinely caring and collaborates to find simple solutions as we build our relationship-focused bank for the modern world.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all of our team members can excel.
- Monitor and preserve the safety and security of bank employees, clients, visitors, etc.
- The Corporate Security Protection Officer (CSPO) should be easily identifiable to all yet blend in with the surroundings of the business environment. Must be conspicuous at all times, creating a visual reassurance while deterring potential disruptive persons.
- The CSPO should be able to anticipate and assess spontaneous events or threats that pose a risk to bank employees, clients, visitors and others. Must be able to make decisions and react speedily and appropriately in all situations to bring the threat to a halt as quickly as possible, escalating use of force proportionate to threat. This may require multi-tasking while responding to dynamic situations/environment.
- The CSPO will perform periodic patrols of all bank space remaining alert for irregularities such as security breaches and violation of access card use; encountering tailgaters and informing violators of policy infractions. Must be on the lookout for unauthorized or suspicious persons, challenging their reason for being on bank property, keeping in mind the person may be authorized. Restrict access to Bank secured space to only authorized persons or those who have been properly vetted.
- Provide safety and security to employees, clients, guests, visitors of the Banking Center.
- Ten plus years’ experience with an accredited police department, federal law enforcement agency or military police.
- Ability to lawfully possess firearms and qualify under Illinois statute to apply for and receive a Firearms Control Card, Firearms Owners ID Card and/or retired law enforcement concealed carry program.
- Successfully pass a drug test and a federal fingerprint background verification.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods to include up and down stairs.
- Maintain excellent physical condition with height and weight proportionate.
- Meet Bank appearance standards, neatly groomed, no visible piercings or tattoos.
- Effectively communicate with others in varying ranges of employment status, from Senior Executives to part-time temporary employees.
- Effective and professional use of two-way radio communications.
- Basic computer skills to include email, website navigation and Microsoft Office products.
- Reliable means of personal communication and transportation.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts or overtime when needed.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS